In summary the purpose of the role is to;
To assume the responsibility of managing the club and all staff members, to ensure all TNG Standards are adhered to and to create a memorable experience for all gym members. This role requires an extraordinary manager with proven entrepreneurial flair and commercial ability, as well as the skill, energy and determination to drive and grow the business. We're looking for a manager who enjoys having the freedom to take charge of all aspects of an operation. Instead of having a huge central operation, we prefer to empower our managers to manage the business.
The Role and Key Duties:
- - Responsible for ensuring that all relevant policies written in the Employee Handbook and Employee Safety Handbook are adhered to by yourself and your staff.
- - Responsible for staff rotas.
- - Responsible for the management and allocation of induction slots.
- - Responsible for ensuring that there is an adequate amount of personal trainers conducting inductions and providing outstanding service to the members.
- - Personally conduct member inductions, to ensure that members are able to use the facilities in a safe manner.
- - Ensure that all staff and personal trainers wear the correct uniform.
- - Clean and maintain all gym equipment recording all defects in the maintenance file and calling out the relevant engineers when required.
- - Ensure that the overall cleanliness within The New Gym’s premises is of an outstanding standard. This includes, but is not limited to, the re-stacking of weights, picking up of any litter etc.
- - Maintain cleanliness of the changing facilities whilst the cleaner is not on site.
- - Ensure that the contract cleaners are cleaning to the high standards of The New Gym.
- - Deal with prospects in a professional manner whilst showing them the facilities and assisting them with the online joining process.
- - Deal with any necessary administration and member issues, which includes, but is not limited to, answering the telephone, returning messages left on the answering machine, report submission and responding to relevant e-mails.
- - To oversee the launch of a brand new facility.
- - To drive and deliver the commercial performance of the business.
- - To drive and deliver the operational excellence of the gym.
- - To drive and deliver the marketing activity for the club with a significant annual marketing budget.
- - To recruit, train and develop their own team and for managing them to success.
- - Deliver outstanding customer service at all times to both members and prospects.
- - Hold regular staff and personal trainer meetings.
- - Ensure that fitness instructors are qualified to a minimum of Level 2 and hold a current CPR certificate.
- - Ensure that personal trainers are qualified to an equivalent of REPS Level 3 status, have public liability insurance to a minimum value of two million pounds and hold a current CPR certificate.
- - Manage the club within budgetary constraints.
- - Responsible in ensuring that all H&S and HR policy and procedures as set out by HR are adhered to and actioned.
- - Conduct weekly club safety checks and record all defects that you are not able to rectify, in the maintenance file and call out the relevant engineers.
- - The selling of any other service to club members other than Personal training is not permitted in any form.
- - Help to create an environment where all employees enjoy themselves whilst at work and make a real contribution to the success of the club and business as a whole.
- - Be fully involved in the creation of a fun, lively and creative atmosphere for all members.
- - Submit any original ideas you may have no matter how bizarre to promote fun and aid retention at The New Gym.
- - To undertake any other reasonable duties/ projects/ meetings, which may be required from time to time.
- - Opportunity to Personal Train for up to 10 hours per week.
The New People are handpicked for their ability and approach to delivering great service, in short they;
- - Have flair and drive.
- - Love to exceed expectations.
- - Enjoy being ‘hands on’.
- - Like to be empowered to deliver.
- - Encourage and respect each other.
- - Trust one another.
- - Deliver, on time, every time.
- - Must have a proven and successful track record of management experience within a leisure related industry, preferably within the health and fitness sector.
- - Must be passionate about customer service and be entrepreneurial in the way they manage.
- - Must have a proven track record in driving sales and coordinating local marketing activity as well as of recruiting and managing a successful team.
- - Ideally will have experience as a Gym Manager overseeing all business areas within a leisure facility or have substantial experience as a Fitness Manager or other similar operational function.
- - Ideally will be REPS level 2 or higher qualified or be prepared to qualify.
The Final Bits:
- - Be the finest ambassador of The New Gym at all times.
- - Work and behave in line with The New Gym’s standards of conduct at all time.
This is an extremely varied role that offers an excellent opportunity to develop with an exciting and growing business. It is a hands on leadership role, so you will need to be outgoing and ready to get involved in every aspect of running the gym.
If you see yourself as an industry-leader of the future, please apply in confidence by submitting your CV and a covering letter with details of your current salary package.